Raw Food How To—The Lazy Raw Foodist's Guide
New to raw foods? Do you feel overwhelmed with all the raw food options and choices? Would you like an easy-to-follow raw food plan?
Laura Bruno has written a very practical book called The Lazy Raw Foodist's Guide. The Lazy Raw Foodist is perfect for people who want a practical, simple, and EASY raw food plan. There's a great chapter called "Sneaky Ways to Get More Greens" with 7 ways to add more greens into your diet.
The "Deficiency or Excess" chapter covers 9 potential deficiencies to watch out for—and I especially liked the chapter on raw food and dental issues (lots of people have questions about raw food and their teeth). Another helpful chapter was "The Great Raw Pretenders" which discusses 24 foods that are NOT raw, even though many people think they are.
Inside the Lazy Raw Foodist, Laura covers…
- How to quickly create delicious raw food meals (no complicated ingredients needed).
- Raw food recipes, including soups, salads, appetizers and desserts.
- Understanding your motivation: Why do you want to eat raw foods?
- What you need to know about detoxing.
- Choosing which raw food path you want to follow — Should you follow the 100% Raw path, the cleansing crowd, the High Raw path, the 80-10-10 diet, the Superfood/Cacao Crowd, or the Essene approach?
- What about colonics, cleanses, and juice feasts?
- Superfoods and the cacao controversy.
- How to find raw-friendly health-care providers.
- Understanding fruitarianism, natural hygiene, and under-eating.
- The truth about the Vitamix Blender.
- Is the Excalibur dehydrator more than hot air?
- 8 beauty tips (for guys and gals) to get you glowing
- Food combining made easy.
About the Author: One of the more amazing facts about Laura is that she successfully recovered from a traumatic brain injury (brought on by a car accident). Since her recovery, Laura has helped many other people regain their health through her work as an energy healer, Life Coach, Medical Intuitive, and Reiki Master. You can find out more about Laura and The Lazy Raw Foodist here.